Our relationship with the Savior is like a journey a walk where, with each step, each mile, each day’s trek, we grow closer to Him by learning more of the man we call Lord. Would you like to know more about our Lord and Savior Jesus? If so, then I invite you to join me on a journey through The Life and Teachings of Jesus.
Using an expanded form of the SOAP bible study method (Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer) we’ll immerse ourselves in God’s word, namely the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Through a combination of these four books we’ll chronologically trace the footsteps of Jesus’ life from His preexistence with the Father, through His ministry in Galilee, to His submission to the crucifixion and His ultimate triumph in the resurrection.
So, if you want to learn more of our Savior and discover for yourself His good news of hope and joy then go to sign up for to receive each weekly lesson using the “Email Subscription” widget on the left-hand side of this page.
It is my hope that as we journey together through The Life and Teachings of Jesus, we will find, as did the apostle Paul, that “everything is loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” (Philippians 3:8).
1. Luke 1:1-4 – Luke’s Purpose for Writing His Gospel Account
2. John 1:1-18 – The Word Become Flesh and Dwelt Among Humanity
3. Matthew 1:1-17 (Luke 3:23-38) – The Genealogy of Jesus
4. Luke 1:5-25 – An Angel Promises Zacharias a Son
5. Luke 1:26-38 – An Angel Promises the Birth of Jesus to Mary
6. Luke 1:39-56 – Mary visits Elizabeth and Mary’s Song of Praise: The Magnificat
7. Luke 1:57-80 – The Birth of John and Zacharias’ Prophecy
8. Matthew 1:18-25 – An Angel Appears to Joseph
9. Luke 2:1-20 – The Birth of Jesus
10. Luke 2:21-38 – Joseph and Mary Bring Jesus to the Temple, Simeon Blesses and Anna Praises the Child Jesus
11. Matthew 2:1-23 (Luke 2:39) – Wise Men from the East Visit the Child Jesus / The Escape to Egypt / Herod Kills the Children / Return to Nazareth
12. Luke 2:40-52 – The Boy Jesus Amazes the Religious Teachers in the Temple
Many, many more lesson titles will be added in the coming weeks.