This video helps us see the true meaning of “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you“ (1Thessalonians 5:16-18).
Give God thanks today, it’s what He wants you to do.
The Thanksgiving Chair Lesson
1. What do you think about this man and his life of thanksgiving?
2. How does this man live out 1 Ths 5:18 in his life?
3. In what “circumstances” did this man give thanks?
4. Did some situations seem easier or harder to give thanks in than others?
Living In Thanksgiving:
5. What do these passages tell us about how often God wants us to express our gratitude to Him?
- Heb 13:15 –
- 1 Ths 5:18 –
- Eph 5:20 –
- Col 2:7 –
- Col 3:17 –
- Col 4:2 –
- 1 Tim 2:1 –
6. Why does God put such a premium on us expressing our thanks to Him every day, for everything?
7. Is it easy to forget to be thankful (ref. Luke 17:11-19)? Explain your answer.
8. If your life was governed by thanksgiving and you abounded in it all the time, how would that affect the way you live and pray on a daily basis?