08/04/2011 by Clay Gentry
A Juice Box Christian is one who purposefully avoids growing their faith by being content to dwell solely on the basic principles of God (Hebrews 5:12-14, 6:1-2). This sort of Christian is one who will be “tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes” (Ephesians 4:14). Rather than being a juice box Christian, let’s give ourselves to God’s word so that “we may grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ” (Ephesians 4:15).
Juice Box Christian Lesson
1. Describe Eric’s attitude toward Bible class?
2. Why was Eric content to perpetually stay in the children’s class?
Growing in Knowledge of God’s word:
3. Why is it vitally important that we as Christians grow and mature in our knowledge of God’s word?
- Col 1:9-10 -
- 2 Ths 1:3 -
- Heb 5:12 -
- 2 Pet 1:2 -
- 2 Pet 3:17-18 -
4. What excuses do Christians often make for not growing in God’s word?
5. While we make excuses for not growing, Jesus makes a promise to motivate us to grow and mature in the knowledge of Him and His word. Read Mark 4:24-25. What promise does Jesus make and how does this promise affect us spiritually.
6. What steps will you take this week to grow and mature in the knowledge of the Lord and His word?